Required Steps Before You Arrive
Upon receiving your Welcome Center Invitation, please complete these five (5) required steps below to ensure you will be set up and ready to participate fully during orientation.
Create Your SUNet ID, Password and Enable Two-Step Authentication
Visit the SUNet ID site
- Select "Create"
- Select "I am a faculty, staff, or student"
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- When prompted, enter the University ID number that was provided in your Welcome Center Invitation Email
Your SUNet ID also becomes your email address, so choose wisely (e.g., YourName@stanford.edu).
Note: If you have been previously affiliated with Stanford and already have a SUNet ID, please move on to Step 2.
Visit the Two-Step Authentication site
- Enable the method or device that will allow you to access Stanford systems that have higher levels of security. You can change the delivery method later.
Note: If you authenticate with a smartphone or tablet, Duo Mobile App - Push Notification is the recommended method because it is the easiest and quickest way to authenticate.
Visit the Campus ID Card Services site
To obtain your Stanford ID Card, Clipper Card and free CalTrain GoPass, upload a headshot of your choosing prior to either deadline indicated below:
- Deadline #1 - 2:00 p.m. on the Friday before your orientation
- Deadline #2 - 2:00 p.m. on the Saturday before your orientation
Note: Safari and Chrome web browsers are not supported.
- Test the functionality of your SUNet ID, Password and Two-Step Authentication by logging into Axess. Once you see your name in the top right, you have successfully logged in.
- You will need your newly created SUNet ID, Password and Two-Step Authentication method or device in order to fully participate during orientation. Please be aware that your functionality in Axess will be limited until your official start date.
- Using your Welcome Center Invitation Email, “Reply All” to provide the recipients with your SUNet ID and to also confirm that your SUNet ID and Two-Step Authentication are both functional.
Watch Informational Videos
- Welcome Center Experience: Feel inspired and celebrate Stanford's culture of excellence, innovation and connection
- Medical Plans Comparison: Learn about the differences between our health care plans
- Retirement Savings: Learn about your retirement savings options, with contributions from Stanford based on years of service
- I-9 Documentation: Learn about the appropriate IDs to bring on your first day to set you up with payroll and complete the I-9 form
- Other Informational Videos: Scroll through and watch a variety of videos to help you learn more about Stanford's benefits and resources