The University HR Service Team is available to answer your questions about Stanford’s benefits offerings and help you elect or change your benefits.
University HR Service Team
HEALTH & LIFE BENEFITS | RETIREMENT SAVINGS | STAP, STRP, TGP
Modified schedule during winter closure (Dec. 21 - Jan. 3):
- Closed on the designated university holidays: Dec. 25, Dec. 26 and Jan. 1
- Open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT: Dec. 27 and Dec. 28
- Closed, with voicemail only: Dec. 21-22, Dec. 29, Jan. 2, Jan. 3; voicemail will be monitored for urgent matters and callbacks will be made by the next business day
- In-office appointments and online chat: Not available during winter closure.
- Resume normal operating hours: Jan. 4
The University HR Service Team is a group of Stanford employees who are also benefits experts, available to help you when you need it.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT
(except during holidays)
- When should I call my medical plan directly?
- When can I change my benefits?
- How do I compare medical plans?
- How do I submit a question about child care to the WorkLife Office?
- How do I apply for the Tuition Grant Program?
- What happens to my benefits when I’m on leave?
- When are the University holidays?
- When am I eligible for the CRA?
- Who do I contact for questions about my paycheck?
- How do I become an official Stanford retiree?
Disability & Leaves Services
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY | FAMILY LEAVE | MATERNITY LEAVE | LONG-TERM DISABILITY
During winter closure (Dec. 21 - Jan. 3):
If you have an urgent matter relating to a medical leave claim, contact AbsenceOne at 866-566-1906. If you have an urgent matter relating to your medical leave pay, submit a ServiceNow request. Tickets will be monitored for urgent matters, and callbacks will be made by the next business day. We will resume normal operating hours on Jan. 4.
AbsenceOne is Stanford's disability administrator.
You can start a claim or manage your leave through the AbsenceOne portal (My Leaves) or by phone.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT (except during holidays)