Make educated choices; review and compare health plans, and learn about optional benefits using these resources.
Are you thinking about changing plans for 2021?
Choose a Stanford medical plan that works for your family. There is no “one size fits all” medical plan, so if you aren’t sure where to start, these prompts might set you on the right path.
What can I buy with my HSA and FSA?
The IRS expanded the list of eligible expenses to include over-the-counter products, face masks and more.
Printed Guidebook & Comparison Chart
Download and print these rate sheets.
2021 Employee Health Plan Premiums
- Full- and Part-Time Employees (including Employee Dental and Vision)
- LTD Terms
- Critical Illness Insurance
The Summary of Benefits Coverage (SBC) documents are full of valuable information about our non-Medicare health plans. In fact, most people don't realize the valuable information they contain. Medical plans for active employees are required to provide these documents in a short (7-page), reader-friendly format and the last page of each one provides the same three coverage examples for how the plan would cover the medical care in each scenario ("Peg is Having a Baby," "Managing Joe's Type 2 Diabetes" and "Mia's Simple Fracture").
Employee Health Plan SBCs for 2021
- Kaiser HMO
- Stanford Health Care Alliance
- Healthcare + Savings (Blue Shield)
- Trio (Blue Shield)
- ACA Basic High Deductible (Blue Shield)
Help: Making Changes in My Benefits
- How do I know if I'm done making elections?: You can make elections as many times as you need to during Open Enrollment. The My Benefits portal will have the Open Enrollment event posted for the entire three-week period. When you hit "Submit" you will see a screen that shows your Confirmation Number. You should also receive an email Confirmation within 24 hours. Because you can return and make changes multiple times until Open Enrollment closes, you will receive a Confirmation email every time you hit "Submit."
- Don't wait until the last day! Due to the high volume of requests that occur during this time, the University HR Service Team have enlisted support from an off-site team to ensure continuous high-quality service and fast response times. By logging into the My Benefits portal, you can submit an online request for assistance. Or you can call: 877-905-2985, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT.