Our accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D) is designed to protect you against the financial impact of an accidental death or dismemberment, such as the loss of a limb.
This benefit is in addition to life insurance. AD&D coverage is an effective way to purchase substantial amounts of insurance coverage at a reasonable cost.
- Stanford’s AD&D plan pays benefits based on the severity of the accident or injury.
- The full coverage amount you elect will be paid for accidental loss of life.
- Partial or full payment results from loss of limb(s), sight or hearing, or a combination of more than one loss.
- The plan will also pay additional cash benefits for some expenses you may incur as a result of your injury.
- If you die, benefits will be paid to your beneficiary. If a covered dependent dies, benefits will be paid to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding AD&D insurance.