Trio Plan (Blue Shield) Resources
Trio is a comprehensive medical plan that covers only in-network providers and facilities within certain California counties. Your primary care doctor is responsible for the overall coordination of your care.
2023 Plan Documents
Trio Summary of Benefits and Coverage (short document)
An SBC is an overview of plan benefits, deductibles, co-pays, and coverage levels for a variety of commonly-used medical treatments and services.
Trio Summary Plan Description (long document)
An SPD or EOC is the official, detailed plan document for each plan outlining information about eligibility; costs and cost sharing; included and excluded services; claims process; procedures for filing grievances, complaints and appeals.
Plan Forms & Resources
- Getting Started with Trio FAQ
- Trio ACO HMO provider network
- Trio's Mental & Behavioral Health resources
- Away From Home care program
- Blue Shield website for Stanford participants
- Blue Shield Trio Infertility Summary of Benefits