Living Well in Retirement
Main content start
Official retirees are able to take advantage of a variety of benefits and "perks" after retirement, including:
- Tuition Grant Program (TGP): TGP is available for eligible dependent children of retired employees who have met the qualifying service requirement prior to retirement.
- Avenidas: Monthly seminars for caregivers and regular events (in Palo Alto); sign up for their e-newsletter.
- Book Club: Sign up for email updates from Another Look book club, to receive updates about events.
- Continuing Studies: 65+ are eligible for a 20% discount.
- ID Card: Use your Stanford ID Card to continue your access to campus recreational facilities. Courtesy ID cards are also available for a spouse, partner or adult child who is a dependent.
- Faculty Staff Help Center: Provides free confidential counseling, available after retirement.
- Stanford Center on Longevity: Sign up for the latest research on living a long life.
- Stanford for You: Free monthly e-newsletter from the Office of Public Affairs filled with events on campus. Subscribe your email address.
- Stanford Report: Daily news each weekday from the Stanford News Service with information about the Stanford community. Subscribe your email address.
- Stanford Travel: Hotel and car rental discounts.
- Sweeteners: Discounts offered to performing arts, lectures, sports/athletic events, the Stanford Golf Course and the Stanford Bookstore.
- Volunteer: Stanford Historical Society, Haas Center for Public Service, the Stanford Blood Center and Cantor Arts Center are just some of the many ways you can stay involved.
- Wellness programs, including Healthy Living classes from BeWell are available to retirees.
- WorkLife Office: Access to free workshops and seminars on family-related topics.