Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Main content start
Long-Term Disability Insurance pays a monthly benefit in the event of long-term illness or injury.
- All benefits-eligible employees
NOTE: Temporary employees are not eligible for this plan.
- You do not need to enroll for this plan; all benefits-eligible employees are eligible for coverage starting on the date of employment
- Benefits begin after you have been unable to work for 90 days
- Monthly disability check up to 66 2/3 percent of your salary to a maximum monthly benefit of $25,000
- The benefits under this plan are taxable, plus other forms of income may reduce the LTD benefits you receive
- Staff may receive a reduced Stanford paycheck using the remainder of your sick, vacation, PTO or floating holiday accrual on the 7th and 22nd of each month
- Faculty, contact your Faculty Affairs Officer or Human Resources Manager to see if other benefits are available
Long-Term Disability Terminated (LTD Term) Rates: