Considering and preparing for an adoption is a major life step. We are here to support you and provide resources to help guide you through the process.
Adoption Reimbursement for Benefits-Eligible Faculty and Staff
In addition to the resources below, Stanford offers benefits-eligible faculty and staff adoption assistance that reimburses up to $10,000 per adoption for “qualified adoption expenses.”* Any expenses incurred on or after the employee’s first day of Stanford University employment, but not before September 1, 2001, are eligible for reimbursement consideration.
*"Qualified adoption expenses" are reasonable and necessary fees, court costs, attorneys' fees and other expenses related directly to the legal adoption of an eligible child.
Employees of Stanford Health Care and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital: Beginning January 1, 2017, each organization is proud to offer adoption assistance for eligible employees. Please refer to the following:
- Stanford Health Care Adoption Assistance (link is external)—for questions, please contact HRBenefits@stanfordhealthcare.org (link sends e-mail)
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Adoption Assistance—to learn about this program, please contact HR_Adoption@stanfordchildrens.org (link sends e-mail)
The resource list below is provided as a service only and represents a sample of the many services available. The WorkLife Office and Stanford University do not endorse any of these references.
When you are first considering adoption, we recommend visiting Adoption Connection for important information and resources.
State and National Adoption Resources
Private Domestic and International Adoption
Social Service Adoption
- California Kids Connections
- Santa Clara County Adoption Services
- San Francisco Family and Children’s Services
- Santa Cruz County Human Services
- Bill Wilson Center
External Financial Resources
This list is provided as a service only. The WorkLife Office and Stanford University do not endorse any of these references. These resources are not exhaustive but a sample of local resources.