Bringing home a baby is one of the most exciting times in your life. We are here to help you with the myriad of questions and your long list of “to-dos” as you prepare for baby’s arrival and adjust to your new life as parents.
We offer the resources below to guide you throughout your pregnancy. For those looking to find child care we recommend reviewing our Choosing Child Care Guide.
Expectant Parent Resources
- Maternity Leave Workshops
- Choosing Child Care Guide
- Maternity benefits for employees
- How maternity leave works
- BABBLE: Back After Baby Bonding Leave Ends Program
- Stanford Children's Health classes and programs
- Car seat inspection station locator
Birth Support/Parent Education Agencies
- ParentNet (Stanford Parent Email Group)
- Palo Alto/Menlo Park Parents’ Club
- Attachment Parents of the Peninsula
- Moms Groups in the SF Bay Area
- Las Madres Neighborhood Playgroups, Inc.
Exercise with Baby
- Child Care Subsidy Grant
- Faculty Child Care Assistance Program (Faculty only)
- Junior Faculty Travel Grant (Faculty only)
- Emergency and Back-Up Care
- Dependent Care Spending Account
This list is provided as a service only. The WorkLife Office and Stanford University do not endorse any of these references. These resources are not exhaustive but a sample of local resources.