Children's Center of the Stanford Community (CCSC)
The Children’s Center of the Stanford Community (CCSC) is a non-profit parent participation (cooperative) program offering part- and full-time early childhood learning programs. Parent participation is encouraged in their child’s classroom for a reduced tuition fee. CCSC is grounded in the belief that children are competent, curious, and resourceful learners. CCSC is open to university affiliates.
How CCSC Works
- CCSC is a non-profit program supported through fundraising.
- There is a strong emphasis on parental involvement, where parents and educators are partners in the experiences and education of children.
- CCSC fosters a sense of belonging in each classroom community.
- The play-based curriculum is driven by children’s interests and explorations and is built to provoke creativity and wonder in a safe and supportive environment.
- Educators value observation and documentation to inform and guide small group work.
- The Craig Infant Program (CIP) and Teeny Kids’ Place (TKP) are infant and toddler programs. These programs provide a consistent, predictable, and respectful environment and allow large amounts of time for play.
- The Little Kids’ Place (LKP) and Big Kids’ Place (BKP) are programs for older toddlers and preschoolers. These programs emphasize child-initiated, adult-guided activities with emphasis on social growth, responsibility for oneself, and helping others.
- CCSC has capacity for 210 children and serves children ages eight weeks to five years.
- Child capacity numbers are determined by the California Department of Social Services, Child Care Licensing Division and are based on the indoor/outdoor area to which the children will have access.
- Of the 210 available spaces, below is a breakdown of the classroom size designations based on 100% enrollment:
|AGE GROUP||GROUP SIZE||# OF CLASSES|
Waitlist Application and Process
- Enrollment priority is given to faculty, students, postdocs, and university staff, respectively
- You may submit your application online