Pine Cone Children's Center
Pine Cone Children’s Center (PCCC), operated by Bright Horizons, is the newest facility in the university’s network of onsite child care centers, located at the Stanford Redwood City campus. PCCC families have created a close-knit environment with strong parent partnerships. PCCC is open to university affiliates and Stanford Health Care/Stanford Medicine Children's Health employees.
How PCCC Works
- PCCC is operated by Bright Horizons.
- Bright Horizons supports the development of the whole child, developing future learners, leaders, citizens, and stewards, focusing on cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development.
- Educational approaches are rooted in Emergent Curriculum, a research-based approach that leverages a child’s own interests toward discovery through projects and play based learning experiences.
- Teachers are supported to grow professionally and stay current on the most effective education techniques supporting a young child’s development.
- Safety is a top priority.
- PCCC has capacity for 120 children and serves children ages eight weeks to five years.
- Child capacity numbers are determined by the California Department of Social Services, Child Care Licensing Division and are based on the indoor/outdoor area to which the children will have access.
- Of the 120 available spaces, below is a breakdown of the classroom size designations based on 100% enrollment:
|# OF CLASSES
Waitlist Application and Process
- Enrollment priority is given to faculty, students, postdocs, university staff, employees of Stanford Health Care and Stanford Medicine Children’s Health, respectively
- You may submit your application online