We partner with the Avenidas Senior Center to provide resources, referrals and monthly Caregiver Seminars. For Stanford employees, Avenidas offers discounted consultations with a social worker and tickets to conferences for caregiving, housing and finances.
All Stanford Affiliates are welcome to attend our Caregiver Seminars and to utilize all of Avenidas’ programs and services. Only benefits-eligible Stanford University faculty and staff are eligible for discounts.
Services Available to all Stanford Affiliates
- Free access to WorkLife's monthly Caregiver Seminars.
Free Access to Avenidas' Information and Assistance Service
- Telephone resource and referral service providing information on housing, services, financial and legal services, and support. This service is available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call (650) 289-5433.
Discounted Services for Benefits-Eligible Faculty and Staff
- Consult with a clinical social worker specializing in gerontology at Avenidas. Email or call Paula Wolfson at (650) 289-5438 for two free 30-minute phone consultations. Identify yourself as a Stanford faculty or staff member.
Private On-Campus Consultations
- Consultations with clinical social worker specializing in gerontology. Consults can be helped after the monthly Caregiver Seminar or at Avenidas in Palo Alto. Consultations are for one 60 minute or two 30 minute sessions per year. To schedule an appointment, email or call Paula Wolfson at (650) 289-5438.
- Receive a discounted price on a 60-minute consultation at Avenidas with a clinical social worker specializing in gerontology. To schedule an appointment, email or call Paula Wolfson at (650) 289-5438. Cost to Stanford employee is $90, plus $40 for additional person in any subsequent consults after the complimentary consult.