The Faculty Child Care Assistance Program (FCCAP) provides a salary supplement to eligible faculty to offset qualified child care expenses. Awards levels are based on an applicant's household income.
FY20 Program Reminders:
- DEADLINE: Applications may be submitted for consideration of a full-year grant from August 15 through November 1, 2019
- Use the link below to submit your application form and follow the instructions to submit the required tax and income information for your household
- The Professoriate (i.e., full, Tenure Line faculty, Non-Tenure Line faculty, Medical Center Line faculty). (See Faculty Handbook Definition in Section 1.2.5)
- Academic staff and Other Teaching Titles, including Clinician Educators, Adjunct Professors, Acting Professors and Visiting Professors, are not eligible for this program. (See Faculty Handbook Definitions at 1.2.11 & 1.2.12)
FY20 Guidelines and Eligibility Requirements
- Full-time, assistant, and associate professors in the Academic Council or Medical Center Line,
- Have children age 5 or younger and
- Have a total household income of $224,999 or less. (This figure is based on all of the financial documents that are submitted with each application, not based on the Adjusted Gross Income reported on your most recent 1040.)
Note: Please review all eligibility requirements in the 2020 FCCAP Guidelines.
Please contact WorkLifeif you have any questions.
FY20 Program Resources
Faculty members may apply to this program from August 15 - November 1, 2019 to be considered for a full-year award. As that deadline has passed, please use the following form:
- For FY20 Program Members: Faculty Child Care Assistance Program Claim Form
- Sample Receipt
FY20 Claim/Payment Schedule: Reimbursements are processed up to five times per year. Claims received by each deadline shown below will be reimbursed on the 21st of the following month.
11/30/2019 (payments will be made on December 20, 2019)
02/28/2020 (payments will be made on March 21, 2020)
04/30/2020 (payments will be made on May 21, 2020)
06/30/2020 (payments will be made on July 21, 2020)
08/31/2020 (payments will be made on September 21, 2020)
(For claims that include center-based care, please provide a copy of your most recent account statement that shows payments that have been submitted to the vendor. If you have an in-home child care provider, please use the sample receipt provided here to capture all of the necessary information. Please note that the child care provider must sign and date the form.)
Learn About This Service
Income Ranges and Awards
|$124,000 to $146,999||$16,000|
|$147,000 to $168,999||$11,000|
|$169,000 to $196,999||$8,000|
|$197,000 to $224,999||$6,000|
|Period||Application Due||Effective Period/% Award||Who Should Apply|
|A||November 1, 2019||Sept. 1, 2019 - Aug. 31, 2020 (full year, 100% award)||Current and newly eligible faculty|
|B||Ongoing basis beginning Nov. 2, 2019, and thereafter||If granted, award will begin on the first of month after application has been submitted and be prorated for remainder of fiscal year.||New faculty since the end of Period A, current faculty not eligible during a prior period, or current participants who need to file an amendment|
For more information or to schedule a 1:1 consultation, please contact us.