FCCAP - Frequently Asked Questions
The Faculty Child Care Assistance Program (FCCAP) provides a salary supplement to eligible faculty to offset qualified child care expenses.
Below are some frequently asked questions about FCCAP. For more information or to schedule a 1:1 consultation, please contact us.
How is the grant listed on my paystub?
The grant will be listed as “Other Compensation.”
I am on parental leave. May I still apply?
Yes, you can apply for FCCAP while on leave. If you are eligible, you will be able to take advantage of the full-year award. If you apply after the deadline (and are eligible), the award will be prorated.
I applied previously this year and was denied, but my circumstances have changed. Am I eligible to reapply?
Yes, you may reapply for a prorated grant until August 15, 2023, if your circumstances have changed and you now meet the eligibility requirements.
What are eligible child care expenses under the FCCAP award?
- Fees for licensed child care facilities
- Before and after school care programs for dependents under age 13
- Amounts child care provider with a tax ID number or social security number (including babysitters or nursery school) provided in or outside of your home
- Nanny expenses attributed to dependent care
- Nursery school (preschool) fees
- Summer Day Camp
- Late pick-up fees
What expenses do not qualify for FCCAP funds?
FCCAP funds are not valid for overnight camp, team registration fees, extracurricular activities, or club sports. The program's primary intent must be to provide child care while the parent is working. Please contact the WorkLife office if you have any questions