Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Main content start

Please see common questions regarding the Faculty Child Care Assistance Program. 

Still have questions? Contact the WorkLife Office

How is the grant listed on my paystub?

The grant will be listed as “Other Compensation.” 

I am on parental leave. May I still apply?

Yes, you can apply for FCCAP while on leave. If you are eligible, you will be able to take advantage of the full-year award. If you apply after the deadline (and are eligible), the award will be prorated.

I applied previously this year and was denied, but my circumstances have changed. Am I eligible to reapply?

Yes, you may reapply for a prorated grant until August 15, 2023, if your circumstances have changed and you now meet the eligibility requirements.

What are eligible child care expenses under the FCCAP award?

Any type of care qualifies for reimbursement as long as it is provided by: 

  • A person or organization who can provide an SSN or ITIN for documentation purposes 
  • A person or organization who is being paid for taking care of your dependent, as documented by receipts that are submitted for reimbursement
  • A person who is not the employee’s legal dependent

These can include: 

  • Fees for licensed child care facilities
  • Before and after school care programs for dependents under age 13
  • Amounts child care provider with a tax ID number or social security number (including babysitters or nursery school) provided in or outside of your home
  • Nanny expenses attributed to dependent care
  • Nursery school (preschool) fees
  • Summer Day Camp
  • Late pick-up fees
What expenses do not qualify for FCCAP funds?

FCCAP funds are not valid for overnight camp, team registration fees, extracurricular activities, or club sports.  The program's primary intent must be to provide child care while the parent is working. Please contact the WorkLife office if you have any questions

New online application system 2023

How will you be protecting my privacy?

The new system meets Stanford’s rigorous online security requirements and ensures that sensitive personal and financial documents stay protected. Read the privacy statement here

I don’t have access to a computer. How can I apply?

You can use your mobile phone to access the online system during open application periods. Alternatively, please call the WorkLife Office on 650-723-2660 and request access to a computer on-site.