The FY18 Faculty Child Care Assistance Program (FCCAP) provides a salary supplement to eligible faculty to offset qualified child care expenses. Awards levels are based on an applicant's household income.
FY18 Program Reminders:
- Applications may be submitted for consideration of a pro-rated grant from November 2, 2017 through August 15, 2018
- Increased award amounts, ranging from $6,000 to $24,000
- Eligible household income maximum increased from $199,999 to $224,999
- Faculty - full-time, assistant, and associate professors in the tenure, non-tenure and Medical Center lines. (Academic and non-academic staff, please refer to the Child Care Subsidy Grant Program).
FY18 Guidelines and Eligibility Requirements
- Full-time, assistant, and associate professors in the tenure, non-tenure and Medical Center lines,
- Have children age 5 or younger and
- Have a total household income of $224,999 or less.
FY18 Program Resources
Faculty members may apply to this program from November 2, 2017 through August 15, 2018 to be considered for a pro-rated award.
(For claims that include center-based care, please provide a copy of your most recent account statement that shows payments that have been submitted to the vendor. If you have an in-home child care provider, please use the sample receipt provided here to capture all of the necessary information. Please note that the child care provider must sign and date the form.)
Claim/Payment Schedule: Reimbursements are processed up to five times per year. Claims received by each deadline shown below will be reimbursed on the 22nd of the following month.
12/31/2017 (payments will be made on January 22, 2018)
02/28/2018 (payments will be made on March 22, 2018)
04/30/2018 (payments will be made on May 22, 2018)
06/30/2018 (payments will be made on July 22, 2018)
08/31/2018 (payments will be made on September 22, 2018)
Learn About This Service
Income Ranges and Awards
|$124,000 to $146,999||$16,000|
|$147,000 to $168,999||$11,000|
|$169,000 to $196,999||$8,000|
|$197,000 to $224,999||$6,000|
|Period||Application Due||Effective Period/% Award||Who Should Apply|
|A||November 1, 2017||Sept. 1, 2017 - Aug. 31, 2018 (full year, 100% award)||All currently eligible faculty|
|B||Ongoing basis beginning Nov. 2, 2017, and thereafter||If granted, award will begin on the first of month after application has been submitted and be prorated for remainder of fiscal year. (Example: an application received and processed on January 1, 2018, will be a 7-month grant covering February 1, 2018 through August 31, 2018.)||Only newly eligible faculty (e.g., new hires since the previous deadline, or faculty with new children, or amendments or faculty not eligible in a prior application period)|
For more information or to schedule a 1:1 consultation, please contact us.