Skip to content Skip to navigation

FAQ for Former Employees

Below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions from former Stanford employees to University HR. Please browse this list before emailing HR Communications.

Q: I’m a former Stanford employee. How do I get a copy of my W-2 for tax purposes?

A: All W-2s are mailed out by January 31. To request a W-2 reprint starting February 15, please follow instructions on the Fingate site.

If you need further assistance, please contact the Payroll Office:

Q: Employment Verification: I’m a former Stanford employee applying for a loan/mortgage/new job, and the company needs information regarding my current and past employment. How do I get this information?

A: The Payroll Office handles employment verification through an external vendor, called The Work Number. Visit the Fingate website for instructions on responding to employment verification requests with and without salary information.

If you are a former Stanford Hospital employee, please call (650) 497-2750 and follow the menu instructions.

For additional questions, please contact Payroll at or 650-723-2772.

Q: I’m a former Stanford employee and want to see my last pay stub/pay check, but I can no longer access Axess.

A: For questions about your Stanford pay stubs or pay checks, please contact Payroll: