Managers are key communicators within teams and departments, and play an important role in the survey process. In addition to sharing the survey results, managers can facilitate conversations about how to make workplace improvements.
Below are tips for managers to help support the staff survey initiative:
- Ask your team if they saw the university-wide results communicated in the Stanford Report and/or the Cardinal at Work Insider.
- If not, be prepared to communicate the high-level results.
- If they have seen the results, facilitate a discussion to learn if/how they think the results compare to their experience in your work group.
- When you receive information about your school or VP area's results, have another discussion focused on your organizational area's results.
- Engage your team in brainstorming ideas that could address issues identified by survey results, whether at your school or VP area or within your department/work group. Follow your area's instructions for how to move forward with those ideas.
For questions or for tools to support your communications efforts, please email the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.