Take a break out of your day between 10:30am and 2:00pm, grab your favorite picnic blanket and join us on Wednesday, July 18, for an afternoon of food trucks, a farmer's market, live music, a photo booth, and outdoor games. This event is for faculty and staff. We hope you are able to attend for awhile!
Summer Break 2018 is the result of the employee events survey conducted by University Human Resources in January 2018; a food truck party garnered the top votes in the 'social activities' category.
Event Features and Timing
- Food trucks*: 11:00a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (cash or cards accepted for lunch purchases)
- Farmer’s market*: 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (cash or cards accepted for purchases)
- Live music with the Latin Rhythm Boys: 12:15 to 1:00 p.m.
- Outdoor games: 10:30a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Photo booths: 11:30a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Donations of new school supplies: drop-off at any time during the event
Employee Donation Drive for New School Supplies for Foster and Low-Income Students
We are collecting for the San Mateo County Children's Fund; they serve foster and low-income students entering K-12 schools within the county and anticipate distributing supplies to 2,000 children throughout the county in time for school to start late this summer. If you aren't able to bring donated items to the event, please bring your donations to the lobby of 3160 Porter Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94304 no later than Tuesday, July 17, at 5pm.
Please donate any of these brand new items that the children need:
- Backpacks (all sizes, but no red or blue, please)
- Crayons (boxes of 24), Markers (boxes of 8), Colored Pencils (any size package) and Pens (blue, red, and black)
- Scissors, glue sticks, and rulers
- Highlighters, pencil sharpeners, and erasers
- College ruled binder paper (packs of 100) and notebooks
- Folders, dividers, and index cards
- USB drives
*The Stanford Federal Credit Union's mobile unit will be parked near the event on Galvez Street if you need to use an ATM to get cash for food truck or farmer's market purchases.
Marguerite Shuttles: SLAC and in the Stanford Research Park to drop-off on Campus Drive at Sam McDonald Mall, at temporary Marguerite bus stop next to Koret Plaza
SLAC Building 53 parking lot:
|Depart SLAC to go to Koret Plaza||Depart Koret Plaza to return to SLAC|
|10:45 am||Between 11:05 & 11:10 am|
|11:30 am||Between 11:50 & 11:55 am|
|12:15 pm||Between 12:35 & 12:40 pm|
|1:00 pm||Between 1:20 & 1:25|
|Final bus departs at 2:00 pm|
Stanford Research Park area; pickup and drop-off on Porter Drive, at Marguerite bus stop 255 in front of 3160 Porter Drive:
|Depart 3160 Porter to go to Koret Plaza||Depart Koret Plaza to return to 3160 Porter Drive|
|11:00 am||Between 11:20 & 11:25 am|
|11:40 am||Between Noon & 12:05 pm|
|12:20 pm||Between 12:40 & 12:45 pm|
|1:00 pm||Between 1:20 & 1:25 pm|
|1:40 pm||Final bus departs at 2:00 pm|