To be successful in a complex, cross-functional organization, you need to be skillful in your interpersonal communications in order to get the best results. Effective interpersonal communication skills help you increase your ability to communicate and connect with others whose approaches may be different from yours. In this session you will learn about the four basic communication styles and their areas of strength and areas for growth. Structured exercises will provide you with greater insight into your own style as well as the styles of others.
- Identify the opportunities for improved interpersonal communication at work
- Review the benefits of developing greater understanding and appreciation of style differences and similarities
- Learn the characteristic strengths and areas for growth associated with each style
- Explore ways to get the best results with each of the four styles
- Deepen your understanding of style differences by practicing communicating in a style that is different from yours
- Plan for application of new understanding and insights on return to the workplace