TASC to upgrade FSA users to Universal Benefit Account
TASC, Stanford's partner in administering flexible spending accounts, is migrating existing users to a new platform on Sept. 29. Note that there will be a short blackout period where the site -- and your FSA debit card -- will be unavailable.
In a note to FSA account holders on Sept. 11, 2020, TASC announced the launch of the Universal Benefit Account with this message:
Dear TASC Participant:
We are excited to announce the launch of our new Universal Benefit Account®! This will be your new FSA website replacing FlexSystem on MyTASC, the website that you are using today.
What does this mean to you?
The Universal Benefit Account offers you an array of cutting-edge features:
- TASC’s online portal that provides access to all your enrolled accounts.
- The TASC mobile app, an easy way to track and manage your accounts anytime and anywhere.
- A new Personalized Stanford FSA Card. The fastest, most efficient and hassle-free way to access account funds.
When does this happen?
- The anticipated go live date is 9/29/20.
- To prepare for this change, there will be a blackout period from 9/23/20 to the anticipated go live date of 9/29/20.
- During the blackout period, your current FSA Debit Card will be deactivated, you will not have online access to your TASC account and you will not be able to submit claims for reimbursement.
- TASC will send an email to you once Universal Benefit Account is live and available for access and the new FSA cards activated.
What else should I know or prepare for?
- Confirm your contact information is correct. You can update your information through StanfordYou.
- When the blackout period starts, new Stanford FSA Cards will be mailed. If you have dependent cards, those will be mailed separately. The Card(s) will arrive in a plain white envelope. The Card will not work until UBA is live.
- If you incur services during the blackout, pay for the service and once UBA is live, you can submit the receipt for reimbursement.
- Year-to-date contribution, claims and disbursement amounts will be transferred to the new platform.
- Individual claim and Card transaction details will NOT be transferred to your Universal Benefit Account. Once the upgrade is completed, you can call TASC Customer Care or submit a service request for a complete claim history transaction report.
- Pending claims that have not been paid out will be transferred to your Universal Benefit Account. For example, if you submitted a large dependent daycare claim and you are receiving reimbursements as you contribute, the amount left to pay on the claim will be transferred and then will continue to pay out from Universal Benefit Account.
- Banking information for direct deposit will transfer to Universal Benefit Account, however you will need to set up your transfer schedule.
- When accessing your FSA, the preferred browser is Chrome.
To learn more about your Universal Benefit Account and all its exciting features, visit the upgrade page on TASC online.
You can also visit TASC's microsite for Stanford employees or contact TASC Customer Care at 855-842-4913 for more information.
Welcome to the future of benefit accounts! We look forward to upgrading you to the new website and please contact us with any questions or concerns.
TASC Customer Care