In our third annual Cardinal at Work Cares Donation Drive, thousands of employees generously donated personal care items and hand-written words of encouragement that were sorted and assembled by Stanford volunteers at three assembly parties. Over 3,700 care gift packs were donated to those impacted by the recent California wildfires, families at the Stanford Ronald McDonald House, and local CityTeam homeless shelters—exceeding our goal by over 1,000! We want to thank everyone for their generosity, especially our Cardinal at Work Cares Ambassadors across campus, Redwood City, SLAC, and the Stanford Research Park, who coordinated efforts within schools, units and departments.
By the numbers
- 71 school and unit Cardinal at Work Ambassadors promoting the donation drive, setting out collection bins, and delivering all donated items for assembly
- Thousands of donated personal care items from employees
- 460 employees volunteered at three assembly parties, including our Provost, Persis Drell
- 3,700 personal care gift packs were assembled and donated
- Dozens of oversized items were donated, including 30 containers of large/family sized items
What Was New This Year
- Three sorting and assembly parties were held the first week of December
- Needed items could be donated online!
Ways employees got involved:
1. Donating travel-sized personal care items during our drive
2. Writing a "Kindness Card"
3. Volunteering at an Assembly Party to sort and assemble gift care packs
For more information contact email@example.com.