On-Site Opportunities (throughout CA)
- Mon Ami works to reduce social isolation in senior citizens by offering friendly phone calls, tech help over the phone, and virtual concerts.
Local food banks secure and distribute meals through food pantries and meal programs to reduce hunger in the United States.
Meals on Wheels delivers warm meals to those in need. They have been experiencing increased demand during this time.
For Healthcare professionals:
- CA Health Corps offers medical disaster response relief by connecting health professionals to a public health need.
On-Site Opportunities By Region
- Oakland At Risk pairs healthy adults (with low risk factors for COVID-19) with an elder or immunocompromised member of the community in need of support during this time.
- Alameda County Community Food Bank supplies meals to a variety of agencies — including soup kitchens, food pantries, child care centers and more.
Santa Clara County:
- Martha’s Kitchen provides hot meals to those in need; they are offering their meals “to go” at this time.
- Silicon Valley Strong is an initiative that works with volunteers to ensure food security for our most vulnerable residents.
- Santa Clara County Helping Hands matches individuals at high risk for COVID-19 to low-risk local volunteers who can help deliver groceries and prescriptions and have virtual check-ins.
- Stanford Blood Center collects and distributes blood to those in need. Taking just an hour to donate could save up to three lives. There is no increased risk of contracting coronavirus from visiting a donation center or mobile blood drive, and extra safety precautions are being taken to ensure the continued health of donors. There may also be an opportunity for people who have recovered from COVID-19 to donate their plasma to the Stanford Blood Center to help those currently infected with the coronavirus. Learn more.
San Mateo County:
- San Mateo County Health is helping assist health care providers/facilities responding to COVID-19 by collecting and providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley works to ensure that anyone who needs a healthy meal can get one in both Santa Clara and San Mateo counties.
- San Francisco-Marin Food Bank provides food for more than 141,000 people every week and is experiencing increased demand due to COVID-19.
- Food Runners works to reduce hunger and waste by picking up excess perishable and prepared food and delivering it directly to neighborhood food programs.
- Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz is pairing volunteers with community organizations and vulnerable individuals in response to COVID-19.