COVID Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
Main content start
- Institute on Aging offers a 24-hour friendship line for people 60 years and older, adults with disabilities and those feeling isolated.
- Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly offers several volunteer opportunities, including phone check-ins to reduce isolation among older adults.
- CareerVillage connects young people with volunteers who can offer insight about specific professional fields. COVID-19 has caused a spike in student questions about careers.
- Crisis Text Line provides volunteer counselors to help those in crisis who are dealing with personal challenges.
- The PPE Playbook is an online resource that teaches crafters to make and distribute masks for health care workers.