STARS is the Stanford Training and Registration System learning management system. Use this system to enroll in learning courses and programs, and to track your progress or the progress of your direct reports. Below are some helpful resources to guide you in using STARS.
- *NEW* STARS Upgrade Fact Sheet for Learners: On October 9, STARS was upgraded and includes new features, including a printable certificate of completion, enhanced search capabilities, and simplified launching of online training.
- STARS: All Learning Page Reference Guide: Learn how to use the All Learning page, an online summary of your STARS learning activity and terminology including screenshots.
- FAQ: A document of frequently asked questions.
- Glossary: Learn the terminology and description of common STARS keywords for STARS Administrators.
- Search and Complete STARS Training: Learn how to search a course, browse the catalog and launch and complete an online activity in STARS
- STARS Certification/Recertification Program: Learn the steps to enroll in a STARS Certification Program. A Certification is a type of program that has a fixed begin date and end date. Typically, tests that learners must pass to become certified for a set period of time are included. Recertification is also addressed.
- View Direct Reports Learning Records: If you manage people, use STARS to view the learning records of your direct reports (and those in the organizational hierarchy below their direct reports).
- STARS Track: Use this new STARS tool to formally assign and track required training. Please visit website for further details.
- Training Needs Assessment: Use the Training Needs Assessment Tool (TNAT) in STARS to self identify required training for Learners. The tool guides you through a series of questions related to your work responsibilities. Based on your responses, TNAT will generate a list of required training courses tailored to your role(s).
Guides for Course Administrators and Content Developers
- Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) hosts many safety training courses that require a secondary registration process as they are not in STARS. Please see the EH&S Training FAQ page for additional information.
- Bloodborne Pathogens Certificate Program: Please see EH&S' additional information for BBP registration.