To ensure you receive the full benefit from our courses, please read our policies prior to enrolling. While we understand that circumstances beyond your control may arise, our policies are meant to ensure a high-quality learning experience free of disruptions for all participants and facilitators.
Enrolling in Courses
To enroll using STAP funds (for staff only):
- Login to STARS in the Axess portal. Once you find a course you would like to attend, complete the registration process for a specific class, and your STAP funds will be withdrawn from your STAP total.
To enroll using a department PTA or check (for faculty or staff):
- Complete the online registration form, and your registration will be confirmed once you receive an enrollment notification from STARS.
- Checks should be payable to Stanford University and mailed to Stanford HR - TMWS, 505 Broadway Street, 5th Floor MC8807, Redwood City, CA 94063.
Many course include support both before and after the classroom session. To get the most from your learning experience, please complete any required prework activities prior to the class.
Unless otherwise specified, classes take place on the main campus in the Poplar Modular at 215 Panama Street.
We understand that work and life can be unpredictable, and you may need to drop from a class. However, to allow all eligible learners the opportunity to grow their skills, if you enroll in a class and can no longer attend, associated fees may apply.
- If you drop a class two or more business days before the class start date: You will not be charged for dropping the course and course fees (if applicable) will be refunded.
- If you drop a class within two business days before the class start date or fail to show up to the class: You will be charged the full course fee (if applicable) + $75.
To drop from STARS:
- Login to the Axess portal
- Click the STARS (Training) tab
- Click My Learning from the left menu
- Click the Drop button next to the course title to cancel your enrollment.
Due to the disruption to learners, participants who arrive more than 10 minutes after the class start time may not be permitted to attend the class.
- Late participants who are turned away from a class will be charged the full course see (if applicable), but will not be charged the $75 “no-show” fee.
- If the class has a waitlist, participants who arrive late may have their seat forfeited to a waitlisted participant.
To ensure you are on time, please arrive 30 minutes before the start of the course to allow time to find a parking space, locate the classroom, meet the instructor and fellow participants, receive your course materials, and settle in to prepare for learning.
Participants should plan to stay for the complete duration of the class. Although there is no financial penalty for leaving early, if you know you cannot stay for the entire course, please don't take a spot from another participant who could take full advantage of the learning opportunity.