Curate learning in LinkedIn Learning
Curate customized learning for others
If you are a people manager, you have the ability to curate learning content and easily share with others within LinkedIn Learning. You are able to:
- Pick specific videos from courses, or entire courses, to share
- Group content into sections or a specific order, and add descriptions so others understand what you are sharing
- Get insights on how your content is trending over the last 90 days
- See who has completed or is "in progress" with content you have shared
All videos or courses you curate for others are hosted in the university's LinkedIn Learning library, so content is accessible 24/7--like all LinkedIn Learning content!
Frequently Asked Questions
As a people manager, I’m wondering what the advantages are to being able to curate content for others?
Your team, who could be staff members, students, postdocs or others, benefit in many ways, including these:
- Participating in customized learning programs targeting specific skills or knowledge
- Experiencing training that aligns with an individual's performance, personal, or professional goals
- Participating in a shared learning experience within your group/department/school/unit
- Learning a specific skill associated with an upcoming initiative or project
- Having a learning pathway already defined can reduce time spent searching for the right videos/courses
Who has access to the Curator role in LinkedIn Learning?
All people managers who have at least one direct report have been authorized for this role. If you are not a people manager but have a business need to curate learning for others, such as for a project team, for those doing similar research, etc., please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include an explanation of why you need Curator access.
I want to get started; how can I learn more about curating LinkedIn Learning content?
We recommend you view the brief video (6:23), as it walks you through the simple steps to curate learning for others. Access the video below.
I'm not a people manager; can I still get access to the Curator role in LinkedIn Learning?
You don't need the Curator role to share LinkedIn Learning content with others! Just click the "Share" button in the upper right of any course or video. For more information, check out this LinkedIn Learning help article on sharing videos with others.
Additional benefits that the Curator role provides include the ability to create custom learning paths and basic reporting features like the ability to see how your content is trending over the last 90 days and to see which learners have completed the content you have shared.
If you are not a people manager but have a business need to curate learning content for others, such as leading a project team or managing a learning project, please email email@example.com and include an explanation of why you need Curator access.
If I need help to curate, who do I contact?
If you need technical support or assistance learning how to use the Curator role, please check out these LinkedIn Learning help articles. For further support, please submit a LinkedIn Learning support ticket.
If you're unsure where to direct your question, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.