Eligibility & Coverage - STRP
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for Staff Tuition Reimbursement Program funds, employees must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a regular or fixed-term staff member in a benefits-eligible University position and 50% Full Time Equivalent (FTE) or greater. STRP benefits are pro-rated for eligible staff members who work less than full time.
- Have completed one year in a benefits-eligible, ongoing, regular or fixed-term position.
- Be enrolled in a degree program at an eligible institution.
Who is NOT Eligible?
- Faculty, temporary or casual employees and retirees are not eligible for this program
What is Covered?
- Tuition and covered fees (registration fees, lab fees, technology fees, course fees, eLearning fees)
- Required books, supplies and equipment
What is NOT Covered?
- Individual courses
- Graduate certificates
- Degree program entrance exams (e.g., SAT, ACT, GRE, LSAT, GMAT, MCAT)
- Challenge exams or credit by exam such as CLEP, UEXCEL, and DSST
- Courses (in person or online) must be taken at a regionally-accredited institution, within the United States, and recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Make sure that your school is regionally accredited before you apply to STRP. Accreditation information can be obtained from the school, the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or from the U.S. Department of Education
If, prior to April 30, 2015, you were approved for attendance at a school that is not on the accreditation list, you may continue attendance at that school until you complete your degree.
Maximum Benefit Amount
The current maximum annual STRP benefit amount is $5,250 granted to the eligible employee at the beginning of each fiscal year. Payments and reimbursements are pro-rated for part-time eligible staff working at least 50 percent time.