Cultivate a Cardinal at Work Culture
Managers are in a unique position to support employee engagement. Cardinal at Work represents the Stanford employee experience and aims to create a more engaged community based on three core values:
- Meaningful pursuits. We are energized and engaged because the work we do truly matters and contributes to the overall mission of the university.
- Having Pride. We take great pride in our contributions, which reflect our collective excellence.
- Collaboration & Connections. Our work requires the purposeful coordination of thousands of bright minds. We work in a collegial manner, through synergistic processes, and always as a team.
Here are a few actions you may take to cultivate a Cardinal at Work culture:
Advocate and champion the Cardinal at Work brand with employees.
Reference the Cardinal at Work website and related announcements to:
- Promote activities, programs and services that will help your employees better integrate work and life.
- Support your employees’ interests and attendance of Cardinal at Work employee-related events and activities.
- Brainstorm with your team and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your groups’ ideas for fun events and activities to influence our plans.
Inspire and lead with excellence.
- Find new and creative opportunities to share feedback and recognize your employees on a regular basis. Ask employees how they prefer to be recognized for great results.
- Foster workplace collaboration not only within your school/unit, but with colleagues across campus. Seek opportunities for the development of your employees, such as cross-functional committees/project teams.
Take advantage of management tools provided for you.
- Review development resources and other tools for people managers on a range of topics.
- Utilize the research findings, tools and templates with your free account to the Corporate Leadership Council’s database of best practices that support effective communication, employee relations and high engagement.