Performance Management Process Using Simple Eval System
Some areas at Stanford use a tool called "Simple Eval" to record performance goals, conversations and ratings.
“I always know what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and why it's important.”
Employees want to do the right work and do it well, and to be recognized for the efforts, results and outcomes they are responsible for. Several VP areas use the Simple Eval system to keep electronic records related to performance.
The performance management cycle includes establishing expectations, providing continuing feedback and coaching, and an annual performance evaluation. Conversations between an employee and supervisor produce the clarity employees need to do the right work and do it well, resulting in motivation and engagement at work. The ePerformance/Simple Eval tool supports these conversations.
Job Aids, Guides and Tips
- Simple Eval Quick Guide
- Employee Simple Eval Job Aid
- Manager Simple Eval Job Aid
- Manager: View Indirect Reports Evaluation
- Tips and Reminders (10/19/12)
- Competency Definitions (10/15/2010)
- Business Affairs Initiatives 2017-18 (11/2017)
- Navigation and New Features (2 mins 35 secs)
- Manager Creates Evaluation (3 mins 30 secs)
- Employee Completes Self-Evaluation (2 mins)
- Manager Evaluates Employee (3 mins 35 secs)
- Employee Acknowledges Evaluation (1 min 30 secs)
- Manager Finalizes Evaluation (1 min)
NOTE: Online videos will not work on Windows XP unless your media player is updated.
Simple Eval HR Contacts
For VP Areas using Simple Eval, the primary HR contact is listed.
|School/VP Area||HR Contact|
|Land, Buildings, & Real Estate (LBRE)||Al Roafirstname.lastname@example.org|
Office of the CFO, Office of the Chief Risk Officer, University IT-Information Security, University IT–IT Services, University IT-Administrative Systems, University IT–Shared Services, Office of Research Administration, and Business Affairs HR
For technical support using Simple Eval, please submit a HelpSU ticket.