To ensure your benefits-eligible new hire has a smooth and successful first day, the Welcome Center:
- Provides critical start-up services all in one location: ID Badging, I-9, P&TS
- Provides access to key systems and completion of compliance-related tasks
- Increases efficiency and effectiveness on departments
- Enables staff to be “work-ready” on day two
- Sets a strong cultural foundation for success
- Instills the passion of working for Stanford
Local HR Teams play a crucial role in the successful onboarding of a new hire. Begin that experience by enrolling your new hire in the Cardinal at Work Welcome Center. The Manager Resources section within the Welcome Center website for new hires helps guide you through the onboarding process and will prepare your new hire for their first day at the Welcome Center.
The Welcome Center orientation occurs every Monday, except when a university holiday falls on a Monday, then orientation will move to the next business day. This is intended to be your new hire's first day of work. It is strongly advised your new hire attends the Welcome Center. If your new hire is not able to attend, they must be provided with thorough onboarding by their hiring manager and local HR Team. The Welcome Center roles and content guides you to identify onboarding responsibilities including all administrative, compliance, and training-related tasks.