Third Party Programs
Live Scan Fingerprinting
Find free Live Scan fingerprinting events.
Programs and activities held on Stanford’s campus, but run by an external organization, are considered Third Party Programs. Except for the use of university facilities, a Third Party Program is not otherwise affiliated with Stanford.
Requirements for Third Party Programs
All Third Party Programs must be reviewed and approved by University Human Resources. For Third Party Programs taking place in person, please see Health Alerts.
All Third Party Programs must complete the Sponsorship Form for Third Party Programs. Please submit the completed form to University Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for review and approval.
Note that requirements include:
- Obtain authorization from the California Department of Justice to receive Live Scan background check results
- Obtain sufficient insurance and provide Stanford with a certificate of insurance
- Ensure a written agreement with Stanford is executed for residential programs
- Provide criteria for evaluating Live Scan background check results of Third Party Program Staff; policies regarding non-discrimination, sexual assault/sexual harassment, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), mental health support, and honor code/discipline; procedures for responding to and reporting incidents of sexual abuse, child abuse, and neglect; procedures for responding to incidents relating to the mental health of minor participants; procedures for responding to incidents relating to health, illness, medications, and injury of minor participants; procedures for responding to emergencies; and procedures to ensure the health and safety of staff, participants, and the Stanford community during the program or activity.
For additional information, see the Checklist for Third Party Programs.
Third Party Program Staff must complete and clear the requisite background checks and training in the following manner:
- All Third Party Program Staff must complete and clear a Live Scan background check for the external organization prior to the program or activity start date. Live Scan results must be sent directly to the Third Party Program by the California Department of Justice, rather than to Stanford.
- All Third Party Program Staff must complete training provided by the external organization that covers the following topics:
- Recognizing sexual abuse, child abuse and neglect and obligation and avenues to report suspected incidents
- Appropriate ratio of adults to minors
- Appropriate behavior with minors
- Written confirmation must be sent to University Human Resources certifying that all Third Party Program Staff have completed the necessary background checks and training.
- Ensure that background checks and training records for Third Party Program Staff are available upon request by Stanford.