Required Steps Before You Arrive
Upon receiving your Welcome Email, please complete these five (5) required steps below to ensure you will be set up and ready to participate fully during orientation.
Create your SUNet ID, password and two-step authentication
Visit the SUNet ID site
- Select "Create"
- Select "I am a faculty, staff, or student"
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- When prompted, enter the University ID number that was provided in your Welcome Center Invitation Email
Your SUNet ID also becomes your email address, so choose wisely (e.g., YourName@stanford.edu).
Note: If you have been previously affiliated with Stanford and already have a SUNet ID, please move on to Step 2.
Visit the Two-Step Authentication site
- Enable the method or device that will allow you to access Stanford systems that have higher levels of security. You can change the delivery method later.
Note: If you authenticate with a smartphone or tablet, Duo Mobile App - Push Notification is the recommended method because it is the easiest and quickest way to authenticate.
Upload your ID card photo
Visit the Campus Card Office site
To receive your Stanford ID Card, upload a headshot of your choosing. ID cards will be available for pick up at their office on the second floor of Tresidder Student Union when campus business resumes to normal.
Note: Safari and Chrome web browsers are not supported.
- Test the functionality of your SUNet ID, Password and Two-Step Authentication by logging into Axess. Once you see your name in the top right, you have successfully logged in.
- Please be aware that your functionality in Axess will be limited until your official start date.
- Using your Welcome Center Invitation Email, “Reply All” to provide the recipients with your SUNet ID and to also confirm that your SUNet ID and Two-Step Authentication are both functional.
View virtual welcome presentations
In your first week, view Welcome Center recorded presentations, addressing topics including: health benefits, retirement savings, key websites you'll use initially and going forward, transportation options, worklife programs, BeWell employee wellness program, and sustainability.
- Check out plan overviews including a Comparison Tool on the Benefits & Rewards Website.
- Scroll through and watch your choice of a variety of Recommended Videos to get acquainted with various programs and services that support your employee experience. Topics include these and more:
- 2020 medical plans comparison
- Children & family overview
- Payroll at Stanford
- Maximize your retirement savings
- Staff Training Assistance Program (STAP)
- Maternity leave overview