Skip to content Skip to navigation

Resources to Address a Workplace Concern

Workplace concerns take many forms, some of which require assistance to resolve.

  1. The first step in resolving workplace issues is usually a discussion with the supervisor or a representative from the local Human Resources office.
  2. Any employee may also discuss any of their workplace concerns with a member of University Human Resources/Employee and Labor Relations at or call 650-721-4272.
  3. In addition, specific offices exist to assist employees with specific concerns.
    1. Faculty may contact the Senior Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs at 650-725-2545.
    2. Employees who believe they have been discriminated against, harassed, or retaliated against in violation of Stanford non-discrimination policies may direct their complaint to the Office of Diversity and Access at or 650-725-0326.
    3. Concerns regarding sexual harassment or consensual sexual or romantic relationships in the workplace/educational setting may be made to any Sexual Harassment Adviser listed at, or to the Sexual Harassment Policy Office  at 650-724-2120 or
    4. Concerns regarding gender or sex discrimination (including sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, relationship [dating and domestic] violence and stalking) involving students should be made to the Title IX Office at or 650-497-4955.
    5. Concerns regarding conduct believed to be unethical or unlawful may be made to the Ethics and Compliance Office at or 650-721-2667.
    6. Anonymous concerns can be submitted to the Ethics and Compliance Helpline at
  4. Confidential submission of concerns. Sometimes, employees want to discuss concerns in confidence.  Discussing complaints with a confidential Stanford Representative will NOT constitute “notice” to the University, nor will it create a record of your concerns with the University. Confidential resources are:

Nondiscrimination Policy

Stanford University admits qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or marital status to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the University. Consistent with its obligations under the law, in the administration of the University’s programs and activities, Stanford prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law; Stanford also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence. This policy applies to Stanford programs and activities both on and off-campus, including overseas programs.

The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding this nondiscrimination policy: Stanford’s Director of the Diversity and Access Office, Rosa Gonzalez, Kingscote Gardens, 419 Lagunita Drive, Suite 130, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-8550; 650-723-0755 (voice), 650-723-1791 (fax), (email). Stanford’s Title IX Coordinator, Catherine Glaze, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding sexual harassment and sexual violence: Kingscote Gardens (2nd floor), 419 Lagunita Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, 650-497-4955 (voice), 650-497-9257 (fax), (email). Individuals may also file complaints directly with the Office for Civil Rights, within the United States Department of Education, by following the information at