Facilitate Work-life Integration Practices
Managers play an important role in helping employees achieve a healthy blend between their work and personal life. Below are some resources and ideas for how you can support your employees' work-life integration.
The newly created Employee Support Programs & Services is responsible for the strategic direction, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of policies and programs for university-wide human resource functions including WorkLife and Wellness programs, flexible work and employee experience, and the Faculty Staff Help Center.
You and your employees have access to programs and services that support your work-life needs.
- The WorkLife Office provides support through every stage of life to help you manage the demands of work, school, caregiving and personal responsibilities.
- View re-entry worklife integration tips.
- View supportive strategies and resources for integrating work and life.
- The Faculty Staff Help Center provide confidential counseling for individuals, couples and families to address both work and personal issues.
- View workshop recordings, including Managing Re-entry Stress and Recovering from Burnout.
- BeWell Self Care Resources help you manage the stress of workplace transitions and practice self-care. View this list of resources compiled by the BeWell Program to address your wellness needs.
- Office of the Ombuds: A confidential resource providing guidance and recommendations on issues interfering with work-life.
Taking microbreaks during the day, longer breaks during the week and full-on vacations positively impacts employee performance and productivity. Taking time is proven to be good for our health and well-being. Encouraging your team members to utilize their paid time off not only supports work-life integration, but creates a more positive and efficient workplace culture.