Alternative Worksite at Newark HUB
COVID advisory: As with other Stanford facilities, masking is strongly recommended indoors and in crowded outdoor settings.
An alternative worksite is a Stanford-owned or leased premise outside the main campus or Stanford Redwood City. The alternative worksite provides an office environment with a variety of workspace amenities, free of home distractions. In addition to telecommuting, this worksite is an option to support flexible work arrangements.
Located at 8424 Central Avenue in Newark, CA, the 10,000 square foot, Stanford-owned office space provides a mix of reservable and drop-in workstations for benefits-eligible employees* located in the East Bay and beyond. The space is in support of the university’s flexible work initiative, in addition to mitigating critical issues such as affordable housing and commute times in the Bay Area.
Individuals can book up to eight hours consecutively in one-hour increments and space can be reserved multiple days at a time.
*Eligibility includes faculty and staff with manager approval.
Below are details about the new Stanford satellite location including amenities, expectations and registration process.
You must register your interest in utilizing the Newark HUB satellite location using the link below.
- Complete and submit the registration form. (To access this form, you must be logged into the Stanford Google workspace)
- Wait for a confirmation email from Denise Ochoa, Director of Business Affairs Facilities & Emergency Planning, with detailed instructions and links for utilizing and reserving the space via the iLAB portal.
Even to access a touchdown space, you must register so that your ID card can be configured for building access.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
The parking is secured on weekends and is not accessible from Friday, 4:30 p.m. till Monday, 7:30 a.m.
Please note, for assistance, a community host will be on-site from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Community Host can be reached at (650) 721-8724.
Able to accommodate 100 employees at full capacity through a mix of reservable and drop-in spaces, the alternative worksite will require badge access and it will have:
- On-site reception
- Wellness room
- Mezzanine lounge area - Ideal for small groups with a max capacity of 10 people (please note that there is no audiovisual equipment in this space)
- Day lockers
- Free parking
- Stanford Wi-Fi
- Cardinal Print
Every monitor comes with a standard HDMI cable; bring your own adapters for everything else.
- 36 reservable workstations with standard sit/stand desks and a 24 in. monitor
- 6 reservable conference rooms (wall-mounted displays and videoconferencing system) — ranging from 3 to 5 person capacity and one with lounge-style seating
- Library table; 8 reservable, 8 drop-in - this area has eight 24 in. monitors (one per two seats; meant for collaboration)
- High table; 4 reservable, 4 drop-in - bar height chairs
- Private coupe workstations; 3 reservable, 4 drop-in - no monitors, semi-private workspace
- 29 miscellaneous seat types for drop-in work
- 10 phone rooms
iLAB reservation portal:
Workstations are reserved through the iLAB portal. Conference rooms are booked through Office 365. Instructions for approved users will be emailed.
You can book up to eight hours consecutively in one-hour increments, up to 61 days in advance. You can also book multiple days at a time. Reservations can only be made if a workspace is available. Touchdown spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Desktop support is provided remotely by UIT CRC.
- CRC will be providing room sweeps every two weeks to ensure equipment and cables are working and in place (please do not take any of the desktop equipment with you).
- Cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the space.
- Day-to-day operations are managed by Denise Ochoa, Director of Business Affairs Facilities & Emergency Planning. There will be an on-site community host at the site to assist staff.
- Noise can carry — modulate your voice both at your desk area and as you move throughout the floor.
- Use phone booths or meeting rooms for confidential face-to-face or extended phone conversations. Please try to limit the time to 30 minutes.
- Refrain from using speakerphones or having conference calls in the open workplace.
- Utilize the plaza and pantry seating for your meals when smells may linger.
- Be mindful of strong scents and perfumes. Your colleagues may have allergies.
- Dispose of all organic waste in the pantry.