Explore these videos and articles to learn more about racism and what it means to be an ally.
- Maintaining Professionalism in the Age of Black Death is … A Lot
- Your Black Colleagues May Look Like They’re Okay … Chances Are They’re Not
- What I Said When My White Friend Asked for My Black Opinion on White Privilege
- Black, Unarmed and Killed by the Police: A Conversation with Professor Robert Weisberg
- There’s Nothing Confusing Here
- The Deafening Silence of Whites
- Living While Black
- Unpacking White Privilege
- BLM: Educate Yourself
- Looking for Books About Racism?
See also some of the terminology that can help foster a shared understanding.
Brave Spaces sessions
In 2020, Stanford staff from across campus participated in Brave Spaces, a virtual forum to broaden our understanding, help us become better allies, and discuss ways we can create a more inclusive and equitable culture.
Read the Stanford Report article, "Brave Spaces engages Stanford staff in discussions of anti-Black racism and inequality".