Updated May 5, 2022
When employees are required to isolate or quarantine due to a workplace exposure to COVID-19, the university will offer quarantine pay for employees who meet the criteria outlined below. All other quarantine/isolation situations may be covered under COVID Flex Hours.
This interim policy is effective for the period of February 19, 2022 through December 31, 2022, and was revised to complement the COVID Flex Hours policy published on February 22, 2022. All employees*, including contingent (casuals and temporary) and student hourly employees, may use the Quarantine Pay code when all of the following criteria are met:
- Employee is required to quarantine or isolate under Cal/OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standards due to a workplace exposure to COVID-19, and
- Employee tested positive for COVID-19 or had a close contact with an employee who tested positive for COVID-19 during the positive person’s high risk exposure period, and
- Employee was not assigned to work by telecommuting.
*SLAC employees: Policies may differ from those stated here due to our regulatory environment; please view the policies posted in the SLAC Intranet.
Note: Quarantine/isolation time required due to personal travel is not eligible for this interim pay. For current travel information, please see the Health Alerts website (link is external). Individuals who plan to travel should notify their supervisor in advance to allow for planning for coverage during the required post-travel restriction. If an individual is restricted from returning to Stanford due to personal travel and is unable to work from home, they may use vacation/ PTO/floating holiday or may take an unpaid leave of absence.
Note that fully vaccinated Stanford employees may return to campus without testing or self-quarantine after travel, conditional upon submission of fully vaccinated status into Health Check.
February 19, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
All employees, including contingent (casuals and temporary) and student hourly employees who are required to record work time. SLAC employees: Policies may differ from those stated here due to our regulatory environment; please view the policies posted in the SLAC Intranet.
- Use of the pay code will be available for each required isolation or quarantine period to record only the hours/days an employee was scheduled to work and is prevented from working due to isolation or quarantine for a workplace exposure to COVID-19.
- Employees who are sick or who are caring for an ill family member should use accrued sick time and not quarantine pay.
- Employees who are restricted to return to campus due to personal travel and are unable to work from home may use vacation/PTO/floating holiday or may take an unpaid leave of absence.
- For casual employees who do not work a regular schedule, quarantine pay would only apply for work hours scheduled prior to the isolation or quarantine period that the casual employee is prevented from working due to isolation or quarantine.
- This policy can be amended or retracted at the university’s discretion.
Visit Fingate for details.