Home & Auto Insurance
Protecting your home and car is just as important as protecting yourself and loved ones. As a part of your Cardinal at Work experience, you are eligible to receive exclusive savings on auto and home insurance to safeguard these valuable investments.
In partnership with Liberty Mutual, benefits-eligible employees can receive coverage for home and auto insurance at discounted rates**. Liberty Mutual’s plan includes personalized coverage, umbrella insurance, multi-policy discounts and 24-hour claims assistance.
- Visit www.libertymutual.com/stanford to initiate a quote and learn more about enrollment.
- Or, contact Liberty Mutual directly at 800-699-3286 and mention that you are a benefits-eligible employee at Stanford University to receive the discount on their policy.
**Discounts and credits are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
Home & Auto FAQ
What are my advantages for buying auto insurance through the home and auto discount program?
The home and auto discount program is a special benefit for employees. With this program you are eligible for special advantages such as:
- Special discounts that are often lower than individual rates**
- Additional discounts, based on your driving record
- The comfort of being able to talk with a real person, licensed and based in the U.S., who can answer your questions
- The convenience of being able to switch your insurance company right over the phone—even if your current policy hasn’t expired
- Specialty auto insurance, including collector cars, boats, ATVs and more. Liberty Mutual has coverage for almost anything you own. Please ask when you call!
** Stanford benefits-eligible employees receive an automatic five percent discount. For additional savings, Liberty Mutual also offers auto-specific, home-specific or multi-policy discounts.
Who can participate?
All benefits-eligible Stanford employees are able to access the home and auto discount program.
What does the home and auto insurance package cover?
Liberty Mutual offers policies on autos, water craft, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, homes, condos, renters insurance, personal liability/umbrella policies, and identity fraud expense. You can find more information and obtain a free quote from Liberty Mutual.
When can I enroll?
Enrollment is not limited to new hires or specific events like Open Enrollment. You can enroll at any time.
How do I enroll?
Visit the Liberty Mutual site at www.libertymutual.com/stanford to initiate a quote and to learn more about enrollment.
Or, contact Liberty Mutual directly at 800-699-3286 and mention that you are a benefits-eligible employee at Stanford University to receive the discount on their policy.
Can I pay through payroll deductions?
Since this is a voluntary benefits program and not paid with pre-tax deductions, payment cannot be made through payroll deductions. You will have payment options with Liberty Mutual such as direct billing, electronic funds transfer (EFT) or recurring credit card debits.
What if I already have this type of insurance?
You can always get a free online quote to compare your current coverage and rates with Liberty Mutual to see if its coverage is less expensive.
Will my coverage drop if I leave Stanford?
When you sign up for coverage with Liberty Mutual, it is a direct relationship. You can continue your coverage even if you are no longer employed with Stanford. However, once you leave Stanford, when your policy renews you would no longer receive the five percent employee discount.