Eligibility & Fees
Staff Training Assistance Program
Benefits-eligible staff may use up to $500 of their annual STAP funds each fiscal year on CCN services.
Main content start
Review the information below for details about eligibility, fees and the CCN reimbursement process.
Who is Eligible for CCN?
- Stanford staff employees in benefits-eligible roles, including SLAC, are eligible to participate in this program. Faculty, students and retirees are not eligible.
- Immediate family members (dependents, spouse or domestic partner) of eligible Stanford staff members may utilize the CCN hourly rate, but are not eligible for STAP reimbursement
- We have negotiated a CCN rate of $125/hour for in-person and remote appointments
- Eligible employees may seek reimbursement from their STAP balance up to a maximum of $500 per fiscal year. Reimbursement for assessments may not exceed $125 of the $500 allowable maximum. STAP reimbursement assumes available STAP funds, otherwise, eligible employees may still utilize the negotiated hourly rate of $125.
- STAP funds cannot be used to pay for career counseling with a career counselor who is not part of the CCN program
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted with the CCN Statement of Service Form within 20 days of appointment date to be eligible for reimbursement
- At the time of the appointment, pay the counselor with a personal check
- The CCN counselor will provide you with a completed CCN Statement of Service Form at the end of your session
- Submit the completed form to the Tuition & Training Programs Office within 20 days of your appointment date:
Tuition & Training Programs Office
505 Broadway, Cardinal Hall, 5th Floor
Redwood City, CA, 94063-8805
- We will process reimbursement utilizing your STAP funds, provided there are sufficient funds in your STAP account
- Reimbursement may take up to four weeks to process. Questions related to the status of reimbursement should be submitted via HelpSU ticket (Request Category: Central Office issues; Request Type: Customer Outreach of Disbursements).
- Career Counseling Network Statement of Service: Use this form to request reimbursement following a Career Counseling Network appointment.
STAP Reimbursement Request Form: Use this form to request Staff Training Assistance Program (STAP) Funds Reimbursement.