Stanford Contributory Retirement Plan (SCRP)
We offer the Stanford Contributory Retirement Plan (SCRP), a program designed to help you save for your retirement through your own investment and through a generous matching contribution from the university.
- Access any time—Control your investments online and login to My Retirement Savings or by telephone at 888-793-8733
- Convenience—The amount you want to invest is deducted automatically from your paychecks
- Tax savings now—Since contributions are deducted before taxes, you lower the amount of income tax you pay each pay period
- Tax-deferred savings—In most cases, you pay no taxes on investments and earnings (if any) until you withdraw them
- Investment variety—Choose from investments that range from conservative to aggressive
- Portability—The TDA (but not the CRA) accepts rollovers of eligible savings from previous employer(s). When you leave Stanford, you can take your entire SCRP account balance with you
- Catch-up contributions—If you are age 50 or older and make the maximum contribution to your account, you can make an additional “catch-up” contribution each year
- Automatic annual increases—Enroll to automatically increase your contribution amount election each year
There are two types of accounts in the SCRP, the Tax-Deferred Account (TDA) and the Contributory Retirement Account (CRA). The differences between the two accounts are eligibility and contribution types. View more information about eligibility
Once you qualify to participate in the Contributory Retirement Account (CRA) of the SCRP, Stanford will make contributions to the CRA on your behalf. Learn about the two types of contributions
Loans & Hardship Distributions
This website provides a summary of eligibility, coverage, vesting, retirement dates, payment options and other subjects. However, the official Plan Document, together with certain annuity contracts and custodial agreements with investment providers (all as amended from time to time) govern the Plan’s actual operation and the determination and payment of benefits. In the event of any conflict between this website and the official Plan Document or any of the annuity contracts or custodial agreements, the Plan Document, annuity contract, or custodial agreement will govern.