Stanford West Children's Center
Stanford West Children's Center is located in the Stanford West Apartments. Stanford West is open to university affiliates and Stanford Health Care/Stanford Children’s Health employees.
How Stanford West Children's Center Works
- Stanford West Children’s Center will be operated by Bright Horizons starting August 2021.
- Bright Horizons supports the development of the whole child, developing future learners, leaders, citizens, and stewards, focusing on cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development.
- Educational approaches are rooted in Emergent Curriculum, a research-based approach that leverages a child's own interests toward discovery through projects and play-based learning experiences.
- Teachers are supported to grow professionally and stay current on the most effective education techniques supporting a young child's development.
Safety is a top priority.
- Stanford West Children’s Center has capacity for 108 children and serves children ages eight weeks to five years.
- Child capacity numbers are determined by the California Department of Social Services, Child Care Licensing Division and are based on the indoor/outdoor area to which the children will have access.
Of the 108 available spaces, below is a breakdown of the classroom size designations based on 100% enrollment:
|GROUP SIZE||# OF CLASSES|
Waitlist Application and Process
- Enrollment priority is given to Stanford West apartment residents, faculty, students, postdocs, and university staff, employees of Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children's Health, respectively.
You may submit your application online.