Back-Up Elder Care
Even the best planned elder care arrangements can be disrupted from time to time. If your provider is unavailable (due to illness or vacation) we offer the Bright Horizons Back-up Care™. The program helps benefits-eligible faculty and staff to find high-quality temporary in-home care for adult and elder relatives through Bright Horizons®.
Learn About This Service
As a benefits-eligible faculty or staff member, you can use the Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™ when you need to be at work and your regular adult and elder care arrangements are unavailable. You have access in-home care for a dependent of any age. Care options are available nationwide.
- Back-Up Care Flyer (English)
- Back-Up Care Flyer (Spanish)
- User Guide & FAQ
- Program FAQ
Register for free so you can use care:
- When your regular caregiver is ill or temporarily unavailable
- When you are between elder care arrangements
- When your senior day care center is closed
- To ease transition back into a regular work schedule when returning from leave
- To accommodate changes in flexible work arrangements
- For in-home dependent care, there is a $6 co-pay per hour, with a 4-hour minimum for all in-home care reservations
- This benefit is available for a maximum of 10 days for faculty and staff per calendar year
When you need back-up care, you need it fast, so you are encouraged to register prior to any need.
For more information and to register:
Call (877)-BH-CARES (877-242-2737)
Or log in online the using the information below.
- Visit Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™*
- Username: sucares
- Password: Benefits4You
*Please note, the registration site is best viewed in Internet Explorer 9 (in compatibility mode), Internet Explorer 11 or above, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.