Inclusive Pathways: HBCU Engagement DCP
About the community
The Inclusive Pathways: HBCU Engagement DEIB Community of Practice (DCP) seeks to expand access to Stanford University for underserved communities for staff, students, and faculty. This subcollective is open to Stanford staff and faculty who have an interest in and are currently engaging in outreach with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Specifically, this group aims to:
- Partner across Stanford University to share information, tools, and resources among colleagues interested in and currently engaging in outreach with HBCUs
- Understand and share best practices
- Streamline the process of internal communication practices with HBCUs
Find access-restricted links to resources for the Inclusive Pathways: HBCU Engagement DCP.
Guide for engaging with HBCUs
The Tenets of Engagement is the guide on how we at Stanford approach engagement efforts with HBCUs. This community of practice will be working on developing this guide and will add a link here when it is ready to be shared.
The membership directory will list current members of this community of practice. The DCP will develop and share this directory on this webpage in the near future.
Co-leads for this community include:
- Judith Ned, Ed.D. Office of Equity and Strategic Initiatives, Stanford School of Medicine
- Sara RH Brooks, UHR-DEIB Office, University Human Resources
Have questions about this community of practice? Contact the group by email at email@example.com.
Join the Inclusive Pathways: HBCU Engagement DCP
Stanford community members who are interested in and currently engaging in HBCU outreach and or programming are welcome to join this DCP. Outreach and programming includes, but is not limited to:
- Program coordination
- Residency programs
- Summer pathway programs
- Any other outreach efforts that require building and maintaining relationships with HBCU administration, faculty, and/or staff
Interested staff and faculty should submit a membership interest form.