I have a role in the interview process
Main content start
You may be asked to be a part of the interview process or a member of an interview committee. Below are a few resources to help you as you participate to ensure an exceptional, bias-free candidate experience.
- Familiarize yourself with Stanford’s Nondiscrimination Policy
- Know how to minimize unconscious biases
- How to Minimize Unconscious Bias During Recruitment, Forbes (5-minutes)
- Sign up for a Unconscious Bias Training through STARS (coming soon)
- Prepare for the interview
- Know legal considerations and what you cannot ask during the interview
General recruiting and hiring process:
- A job description is drafted and submitted
- The job is posted, and a recruitment plan is developed
- The hiring manager or recruiter will find and manage candidates
- To support candidates, we developed a How We Hire page.
- Candidate(s) are Interviewed and selected to move forward
- An offer letter and key benefits and perks are shared
- The new hire is enrolled in the Welcome Center, which kicks off the onboarding process
For more details and information, visit the Manager Toolkit.